Saturday, September 26, 2015

3 Years 4 Months

1) Recently I've noticed Fuzzy really picking up idioms and expressions.  Looking at a bug in the yard, he turned to me and said, "What that little guy doing?"  The use of 'little guy' wasn't something I've ever heard from him before.

Then, he heard our nanny say "Home sweet home" after they got back from the park.  That afternoon, returning Sprout's toy to his crib, Fuzzy repeated with genuine joy, "Home sweet home!"


2) I shouldn't laugh when Fuzzy throws a tantrum, but sometimes it's really hard.  After a late night and associated misbehavior, he started throwing a tantrum after bath time because I told him he couldn't watch Reading Rainbow.  He was going crazy in the bathroom, stomping his feet and flinging his towel around.  "NOOOO, I want to watch Reading Rainbow!!! NOO!"  Then he paused, and went in an unexpected direction.  "I want to fweak out up here with you!!"

I had to clarify.  "You want to freak out?"

"YES! With you! Hold me!"


3)  Lately the kid has been having fun pretending to be a cat.  Typical interactions go something like this: "Mama, I a kitty."
"Oh, does the kitty want some berries?"
"Meow. That means 'yes'!"

Another time I found him splayed out on the stairs.  "Fuzzy, what's going on?"
"I dead Mama.  The kitty is dead."
"Oh no, can the kitty get up?"
For this inane comment, I received a well-deserved withering look. "No, because the kitty is dead!"

In yet another incident, he was sitting on the couch with a bowl of Cheerios.  He got down and tried to lick them like a cat, scattering Cheerios in all directions.
"Can you eat those like a person instead of a kitty?"
"No Mama, kitties eat like this {demonstrates}.  And I a kitty, so I have to eat like this.  Not like a person."  It was hard to argue with that logic.


4)  Fuzz goes to a Jewish preschool, and the other day came home with a burning desire to tell me something about Rosh Hashanah.  "We had Rosh Hashanah at pweeschool, let me talk about that.  Um...we had muuuffffiiins, and piwate booty.  Annnnd - that's all I know."  The muffins were apparently apple and honey, so that makes sense, but I'm still not sure what pirate booty had to do with anything.


5)  One of the kid's favorite expressions is "oh man!"  Except it's Fuzzy, so he stretches that out to something like "oh mannnnnn." And now Sprout is copying him, stretching the word out even longer - "mannnnnnnnnnn!"

No comments:

Post a Comment