1) New words this month:
nigh nigh = night night
moo = cow
mooooon = moon
mine! = mine! (always said very definitively, with that exclamation point on the end)
hi = hi, or high, or occasionally butterfly
eye = butterfly (usually, except when its 'hi')
2) We're still sort of confused about down and up. Sprout will often say 'dunnnn' and hold his arms to be picked up. However, he gets an insane amount of joy from saying 'buh bye' and waving. Seriously, the grin on his face is worth somebody leaving.
3) For the first time, I heard the baby utter two words together this month, and in multiple situations. For example, pointing at my mom's bed: "Baba nigh nigh," or when leaving a fountain: "buh bye wawa!"
4) Despite his still limited vocabulary, Sprout understands pretty much everything that is going on, and can point to relevant household objects, as well as parts of the body. I can usually get him to point to eyes, nose, mouth, hair, ears, hands, feet, tummy before he grows bored of our game.
5) Perhaps because he understands most everything but can articulate so little, he's settled on a really unfortunate banshee scream when he wants something. Everyone on our new block is hoping this passes soon.
6) Sprout continues to be the toughest baby on the block, not taking any shit from his big brother. If Fuzzy pushes him, accidentally or on purpose, Sprout will come back twice as hard with his little fists. For the most part though, the baby adores his older brother, and tries to copy everything he does.
3 years ago