1) Our word count continues this month:
naNAna = banana
ohno or ohoh = something got dropped
ower = flower
ba = ball, or balloon, or book
baba = grandma (this is the Russian word for grandma, so we're bilingual now)
2) Sprout's favorite game this month has been the shoe game. He grabs a shoe, brings to me, and hands it over gravely and with great ceremony. Then he expectantly waits for praise and acknowledgment. Once his contribution has been recognized, he then goes back for another shoe. The game continues until I have a large pile of footwear in front of me, whereupon Sprout decides that Mama has had enough, and switches his attention to The Pit.
3) Sprout continues to be super excited about dogs. He makes panting noises and points whenever he sees one - however, just like last month, that is more or less where he has his limits. He will approach within three feet of the animal, and will then stand there, grinning happily, panting. Entreaties to pet the nice doggy still do nothing - the kid does not wish to come any closer under any circumstances. The one exception was the picture below, when Sprout was unaccountably interested in sharing his snack.
4) This month Sprout has decided to take matters into his own hands - that is, he now takes me by the hand and leads me where he wants to go. There is much tugging and whimpering if Mama has another destination in mind.
5) Sprout also learned to shake his head for 'no' this month, and has been using this skill with great effect.
6) Being an independent kind of child, he has also taken to grabbing spoons away from me at mealtime, and now feeds himself. As you can imagine, this results in less food entering the mouth, and much, much, MUCH more cleaning for Mama and Daddy. But the kid is just so damn pleased with himself, and also so stubborn that we have no choice.
3 years ago