1) Sprout is a...solid baby. Unlike his older brother at this age, he has a plethora of folds. So many folds, in fact, that I noticed a rash creeping in, and discovered that it is actually very difficult to get at his very inner neck. The operation entails much squirming, and requires two adults.
2) July 1st, the baby did me a solid and slept for 6 hours. Sadly, apparently I only get one of these respites every month, as the rest of the time he continued his waking twice per night routine.
4) Sprout's legs continue to demonstrate prodigious feats of strength...when he is put down to nap on the mattress in the basement (best spot for napping as it is furthest away from Fuzzy), he will eventually wake up and propel himself forward until he travels several feet and falls off the mattress. At this point, we hear much wailing, although the mattress is about three inches off the ground from carpet, so he is always unhurt.
5) He's begun grabbing at cloth burp rags, blankets, and his own onesies, trying to stuff them in his mouth...although his hand-eye coordination could still use significant work, as these efforts are only successful about 30% of the time. He's also made a few attempts at grabbing toys, but only when they've been held directly next to his hands...he makes zero effort to reach for anything dangling a few inches away.
6) Yesterday Sprout made big progress. He finally managed to stuff his fist in his mouth on purpose. I watched him clench his little chubby hand, and then weave his arm all over the place in concentration until he finally brought it near enough to chomp on.