Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Requesting Input

After several months of sloth-like inactivity, I've decided to resume my thrice weekly trips to the gym. However, I went this morning, and found my iPod playlist sadly lacking in the motivation department.

I have some Bon Jovi on there, a few of the faster Queen songs, some Poison and Green Day, as well as a selection of upbeat country songs. However, on the uphill parts of the elliptical routine, I find myself constantly searching for 'Bleed It Out'* by Linkin Park, which is a bit...rougher...than the stuff I normally listen to. Also, you will notice, significantly newer than the rest of my selections. I know, I know, I'm an easy-listening old lady at heart.

However, some of you must enjoy music from the current century, and thus I seek your recommendations. For those that exercise, what song do you listen to at the most difficult part of the workout? For the rest of you, if you had to drag your lazy asses off the couch, what song would you pick to accompany you?

---
* Do not listen to this at work unless you have headphones or are a member of the Cahill lab.

2 comments:

  1. Here is my current ipod playlist for running:
    MGMT "Kids"
    Metro Station "Shake It"
    Block Party "Two More Years"
    Chairlift "Bruises"
    Rihanna "SOS" or "Disturbia"
    Katy Perry "Hot N Cold"
    Kelly Clarkson "My Life Would Suck without You"
    Aly and AJ "Rush"
    Coldplay "Viva la Vida"
    Ashley Tisdale "He Said She Said"

    Is all of the music good? Absolutely not. Will it get you going? For sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love the song "Load me up" by the Matthew Good Band. I've listened to it a million times, but every time I'm completely pumped.

    Also, this may be just me but "In a Big Country" by Big Country always gets me moving in a good way. That one's not for everyone probably, but it works for me!

    Load me up should be right up your alley if you're looking for something along the lines of Bleed it out, though.

    Also, if you're looking for something a bit more poppy to get some energy up, I (reluctantly, and ashamedly) have to recommend "See you Again" by Miley Cyrus. Scoff if you want (and I know you do!), but man, it's a good one.

    ReplyDelete