Tuesday, May 12, 2009

In the beginning

So, let's pretend that you're a late twenty-something who's just finished grad school and moved from sunny California to sometimes-sunny-but-currently-mostly-rainy DC. Moved for love, not because of an abiding interest in Northern charm and Southern efficiency.*

The next logical move might be to find a job, or perhaps buy furniture for your naked apartment. There's also the matter of two as-yet-unfinished papers for publication that you promised to your former boss before leaving the OC. Some go-getters might even be thinking about pursuing all these task at once.

"Ha!" I say. Ha. Clearly, now is the time to start a blog.

---
* I've been doing my homework: "Washington is a city of Southern efficiency and Northern charm." -- John F. Kennedy

2 comments:

  1. Yaaaaaaaay! Additionally, I must protest the claim that I'm the funnier sister, as mere moments ago you just said this: "Dude, my butt has fallen asleep. It is a new and troubling sensation." Brava, Yana. Brava.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is footnoted. Clearly, you have not yet recovered from graduate school.

    ReplyDelete